29 April 2019.
Introducing Ocean Guardian’s FISH01 – Powered by Shark Shield Technology
Raising high quality fish species from the depths can be a demoralizing experience if sharks are in attendance. Thanks to the latest innovation from Ocean Guardian, the new FISH01 has been specifically developed for the fishing industry to improve catch rates by reducing shark tax.
The new device is powered by Shark Shield Technology, the world’s only scientifically proven and independently tested electrical shark deterrent, and has been proven to prevent the majority of shark species from attacking hooked fish, improving efficiency and resulting in less time at sea.
Ocean Guardian CEO, Lindsay Lyon, says, “The major outcome from a trial using Shark Shield Technology conducted by the Western Australian Fishing Industry Council indicated that electrical shark deterrents do deter the majority of shark’s species from attacking hooked fish.”
“For many years we have known that both recreational and commercial fishermen have been using our Shark Shield Technology to significantly improve catch rates, we are now very excited to deliver a product specifically designed to meet their needs, the FISH01”
Key features of the FISH01:
- Dramatically reduces collateral damage from sharks
- Between 10-12 hours of battery life – continuous operation
- Protective field up to 15 meters deep and 6 meters wide
- Maximum operating depth of 200m
- Available for pre-order online, shipping June 2019
How to use the FISH01:
- 20 meters or less depth: Position half way between the surface and the bottom thereby creating a broad zone from the surface to the bottom.
- Greater than 20 meters depth: It can be impossible to predict where in the water column sharks are likely to strike your fish. Position close to the sharks, as deep as 200m.
“The FISH01 has no effect on the target fish species. Shark Shield Technology has been developed to specifically take advantage of the highly sensitive electrical receptors called the “Ampullae of Lorenzini” present in a shark’s snout. As fish are without these receptors Shark Shield Technology has negligible effect on them. Divers and Spear fishers have also observed that fish are unaffected by their Ocean Guardian devices,” adds Lindsay.